The inkle loom is the basic version in the set of Shaaraf inkle looms. In inkle looms, there are fixed heddles which hold some of the warp threads in place. The shed is created by raising or lowering the set of threads which is not connected to the heddle.
The inkle loom from Shaaraf enables you to have strong high-quality bands, braids, and tapes of your own design. This loom can be efficiently used in the professional production of versatile inkles which can be used in clothing in the form of belts, bag straps, shoelaces, bracelets, trimmings on clothes,.. etc. They are also used in furnishings as embellishment for chairs, curtains and rugs. In addition, they can be used individually as bands for curtains and tapestries. Moreover, they can be used in the industrial field as safety belts.
Shaaraf inkle loom can be efficiently used in Al Sadu weaving which is distinguished with its special patterns and versatility especially in Arab countries.
It can also be used in card weaving in order to get special inkles whose patterns can be so unique that they cannot be implemented by mechanical weaving equipment.
Shaaraf inkle loom is characterized by being portable. In addition, it is fun and easy to use; even kids can use it to weave their own accessories and it certainly can be used too in professional production by craftsmen and craftswomen.
– Max. warp width: 12 cm (4.7″)
– Max. warp length: 2.5 m (98.4″).
– No. of pegs: 9, one of which is adjustable tension peg.
Free Included Accessories:
– a belt shuttle (special shuttle for using with the loom).
– a separate special peg for easier card weaving (can be either installed or removed).
– 25 cards.
– Durable and Sturdy structure.
– Disassembled (assembly instructions are available)
– Weight: 4 Kg.
– Materials: Highly-dried beech wood.
– Insulating finish and Nitrocellulose lacquer.
Training: a complete training course is provided by us online.